Autumn Recipe Spotlight: Greek Style Red Potatoes
As the leaves turn and our chunky sweaters resurface, we’re excited to share a seasonal Greek fall recipe that will warm your soul and satisfy your cravings. This recipe by Let’s Dish Recipes features chunks of red potatoes roasted in lemon juice, olive oil, spices and chicken broth, creating a flavorful side dish that pairs well with almost anything.
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes and cut into halves or quarters, depending on size. Zest lemon and set zest aside.
- Place potatoes in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Add the juice from the zested lemon, olive oil, spices and garlic. Toss potatoes in the pan until well coated with the oil and spices. Pour the chicken broth into the corner of the pan, so as not to rinse the seasonings off the potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover (keep your foil!) and stir gently. Return potatoes to the oven uncovered, and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Recover potatoes with the foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.