Carnival Crawl in Greektown Chicago
With Carnival, one of Europe’s largest festivals just around the corner, what better way to celebrate in the States than checking out Greektown Chicago? With more than 180 years of history, the lively Greek festival kicked off in mid-January and includes festive activities like masquerade balls, parades, treasure hunts and more.
To bring the fun to Chicago, Greektown will be hosting a “Carnival Crawl of Greektown” from Sunday, February 3 to Sunday, February 18. This promotion will commemorate Greece’s annual celebration and the season that precedes the 40 days of fasting that leads up to Easter. Windy City locals are encouraged to explore the culturally-rich neighborhood and stop by a few of the local Greektown restaurants for Carnival-themed promotions.
Neighborhood favorites, Specturm Bar & Grill and Artopolis, will be offering the following dining and beverage promotions:
- Happy Hour: Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.,
- Will feature their signature Greek cocktails (Metaxa Cooler, Greek Mojito, Rakitini, Ouzotini, Santorini Spritzer, Ouzo Lemonate) at a special price of $5, Greek wines for a special price of $6, along with souvlaki sticks (Pork or chicken shishkabob) at a special price of $2.50.
- Tsiknopempti – Burnt Thursday Special Menu: Thursday, February 8
- Souvlaki Special – Pork or Chicken shishkabob served with pita bread and tomato, onion and parsley salad along with a shot of ouzo or glass of Greek wine for $6 (limit 2 per person and then $4 for additional shots of ouzo!)
- Lamb Chop Special – Two double cut Colorado lamb chops cooked over a charcoal grill, served with a side of rice or fries and French bread for $15.
- Mixed Grill Platter – Two double cut Colorado lamb chops, 2 souvlaki sticks and 2 sieftalies (Cypriot meatballs) cooked over a charcoal grill. Served with a side of rice or fries and French bread for $26.
- From February 3-18, those visiting Artopolis can use the secret password “Patrino Karnavali” to receive 50% off one item from the Bakery & Dessert Menu when ordering two items (the discount will be applied to the item of lesser value). The offer is valid after 3 p.m. on in-house table service order only.
We hope to see you there!