Celebrate Easter with Greektown Restaurant Offerings
Whether you’ve been celebrating Greek Easter your entire life, or are looking to immerse yourself in a new culture and tradition during shelter in place, Greektown’s classic eateries will be celebrating the most important Orthodox holiday with authentic and delicious Mediterranean cuisine available for takeout and delivery. Please see what Greektown merchants are offering for Easter below.
A Greektown favorite, Artopolis is a Mediterranean café serving baked goods and main dishes made in a wood-burning oven and open-air kitchen. Order online or call at 312-559-9000 to place your Greek Easter order. Available items range from the following:
- Bakery Items:
- Tsoureki basket: Artopolis signature Greek Easter bread – $8
- Tsoureki (Chocolate or Regular) – $12.50
- Easter cookies: Greek Easter cookies made with unbleached flour, sesame seeds and orange zest – $14.95/LB
- Red Easter eggs: One dozen red Easter eggs – $10
- Gift Baskets:
- Boy or girls basket: Made for your godson or goddaughter with special treats and toys – $55
- Quara gift basket: A variety of goodies including coffee, wine and chocolate for your friends at home – $60
- Market gift basket: A variety of curated dry goods for survival including tsoureki basket, wild honey, biscuits, coffee and other hand selected items – $45
- Mini artopitas: One dozen mini artopitas, baked or frozen – $22
- Large artopitas: One dozen large artopitas, baked or frozen. Available in spinach & feta, jamon & kasseri, mushroom & emmental, feta & kasseri and vegan – $42
This traditional eatery is offering a limited curbside menu. Celebrate Easter and Greek Palm Sunday on April 12 with the holiday’s traditional dish, bakalao—fried codfish served with homemade skordalia. For Greek Easter on April 19, enjoy juicy and tender butterflied char-broiled Colorado lamb chops and traditional favorites including spanakopita, pastichio, moussaka or vegetarian moussaka. Place orders on Friday for Sunday pick-up. For Chicago, call 312-782-9855 and Lombard, call 630-932-4545.
Spectrum’s menu has an American, Greek and Cypriot influence and has become a fun and friendly neighborhood spot that both Greektown locals and other Chicagoans have frequented for the past 30 years. Please find Easter specials below, and place your pickup order by calling 312-715-0770.
- Easter Feast: Includes 4 double-cut lamb chops, 6 pork or chicken shish kabob, 6 sieftalia (Cypriot meatballs), ½ pan Greek salad, ½ pan rice, pita bread – $80 (order at least 24 hours in advance)
- Easter Takeout A La Carte:
- Double-cut lamb chops with rice – 2 for $18 or 3 for $24.50
- Grecian ½ chicken and rice – $12.50
- Pork and chicken shish kabob – $3
- Sieftalia (meatballs) – $2
- ½ pan Greek salad – $25
- Full pan Greek salad – $50
- ½ pan rice – $20
- Full pan rice – $35
- Greek Wines & Beer
- St. George Red – $18
- Zoe Rose – $18
- Apelia White – $18
- Moschofilero White – $18
- Greek Beer – $4
Located in the heart of Greektown, Athena welcomes guests with fine Greek architecture, art, comfortable seating, warm fireplaces and an outdoor patio with award-winning views of the Chicago skyline. Please note that all Easter pickup orders will need a 48 hour notice.
- Greek Easter Special: Includes mageritsa soup, Easter salad and spring baby lamb with rice and potatoes – $38/person
- Easter Takeout A La Carte:
- Avgolemono: Greek lemon chicken and egg soup – $6/quart
- Pastitsio: Baked macaroni mixed with seasoned ground beef and cheese, topped with bechamel sauce – $38 half, $70 full
- Dolmades: Rice and ground beef wrapped in grape vine leaves and topped with egg-lemon sauce – $35 half, $70 full
- Spanakopita: Spinach and feta cheese wrapped in filo dough and baked. Served with a side of rice – $30 half, $60 full
- Beef kebobs: Cubes of filet broiled on a skewer with tomatoes, onions and green peppers – $18 each
- Chicken kebobs with vegetables – $12 each
- Greek salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green peppers, olives, feta cheese – $35 half, $70 full
- Whole roasted leg of lamb – $98 each
- Rice pilaf – $25 half, $50 full
- Green beans: Braised in tomato sauce – $38 half, $70 full
- Oven roasted potatoes – $25 half, $50 full
This laid-back restaurant serves traditional Greek fare, and will be offering GrubHub delivery and curbside pick-up. Enjoy appetizers, salads and shareable platters of their famous chicken, pork, beef souvlakia and kabobs.
Consider ordering Easter brunch from Meli Café—you won’t want to miss their delicious traditional challah French toast that is sure to please! The staple breakfast and brunch café is open for take-out orders and deliveries from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day. You can order through Yelp or by calling the restaurant at 312-454-0748.
Image courtesy of Taste Of My Life