Celebrate Greek Easter in Greektown Chicago
Greek Easter—one of the biggest holidays in the Hellenic community—is quickly approaching. Celebrate authentically in Greektown with a number of Lenten and Easter specials and offerings at restaurants throughout the neighborhood!
- Mr. Greek Gyros – A Greektown casual staple, Mr. Greek Gyros will offer a filet of fish and pepper egg sandwiches special.
- Artopolis – This neighborhood bakery and eatery has just what you need to celebrate Greek Easter! Artopolis is offering Lenten Poikilia (an assortment of dolmadakia, taramasalata, fava beans and a special salad with fish), Lagana (Lenten flatbread), a variety of flavors of Halva (almond, pistachio, vanilla and chocolate) and Moustokouloura (a Lenten cookie made with grape molasses and orange juice). Pick up these traditional Greek treats to celebrate like you’re in Greece!
- 9 Muses – If you’re sticking to meatless Fridays, stop by this Greektown hotspot on Fridays throughout Lent to treat yourself to delicious lentil soup and pasta with shrimp.
- Santorini – Another great option for meatless Fridays is Santorini. Open Thursday through Sunday, Santorini is well known for their traditional selection of Greek seafood dishes.
- Athena – On Greek Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday, Athena is open after the Anastasi Service for people to break their fasts by feasting on traditional Pasxa (Easter) delicacies!
All of the aforementioned restaurants will be open during their regular hours for both American and Greek Easter, except for 9 Muses. 9 Muses will be open on American Easter and will close at 10:00 p.m. on Greek Holy Saturday, and it will be closed all day on Greek Easter.