Celebrate Greek Easter in Greektown Chicago
Also called Páscha (Πάσχα), Greek Orthodox Easter on May 2 is one of the biggest holidays in the Hellenic community. Whether you observe this holiday or just love Greek cuisine, celebrate with us authentically in Greektown the first weekend in May with special offers from our neighborhood restaurants!
Artopolis has been our neighborhood bakery and café for more than 20 years, with a loft-style space and open-air kitchen. They have festive Greek Easter items including traditional koulourákia, tsoureki bread and red eggs. Dine in or pick up these items to celebrate at home:
- Tsoureki – Artopolis’ Signature Greek Easter Bread
- Basket (regular) – $11
- Basket (chocolate) – $13
- 1 lb (regular) – $13.50
- 1 lb (chocolate) – $16
- 2 lb (regular) – $23.50
- 2 lb (chocolate) – $26.50
- Easter Cookies – $16.95 / lb
- Dozen Red Easter Eggs – $11
- Easter Basket – $60, filled with sweets and treats for boys & girls
Athena Restaurant in Greektown has one of the best outdoor patios in Chicago, and they’re open Greek Easter for people to feast on traditional Páscha dishes like lamb and mageritsa soup. Athena’s specials for dine-in and carryout include:
- Pashalini Salad – $8
- Mageritsa Soup – $8
- Spring Baby Lamb – $29
- Full Easter Dinner – $42
- Complimentary easter cookies and eggs for each table
Greek Islands restaurant is celebrating its 50th anniversary in Greektown this year. On Greek Easter, May 2, they are offering these special Páscha items for dine-in and carryout orders:
- Pashalini salad
- Mageritsa soup
- Baby Easter lamb
- Traditional Greek Easter tsoureki bread and red eggs
Spectrum Bar & Grill is a friendly neighborhood bar with a Greek and Cypriot influence, which has been in Greektown for more than 30 years. For Greek Easter weekend they have several specials, valid for dine-in or call 312-715-0770 to place a carryout order. Offers include:
- Easter Feast ($80): Includes 4 double-cut lamb chops, 6 pork or chicken shish kabobs, 6 sieftalia (Cypriot meatballs), ½ pan Greek salad, ½ pan rice and pita bread. Must order at least 24 hours in advance.
- Easter Takeout A La Carte:
- Double-cut lamb chops with rice – 2 for $18 or 3 for $24.50
- Grecian ½ chicken and rice – $12.50
- Pork and chicken shish kabob – $3
- Sieftalia (Cypriot meatballs) – $2
- ½ pan Greek salad – $25
- Full pan Greek salad – $50
- ½ pan rice – $20
- Full pan rice – $35
- Greek Wines & Beer:
- George Red – $18
- Zoe Rose – $18
- Apelia White – $18
- Moschofilero White – $18
- Greek Beer – $4
Additional restaurants in Greektown offering traditional cuisine for Greek Easter include:
- Meli Cafe – This neighborhood restaurant, café and juice bar is a great place to pick up breakfast or brunch on Greek Easter weekend.
- Mr. Greek Gyros – A Greektown casual staple, open Greek Easter weekend offering traditional gyros, pita sandwiches and more.
- Nine Muses Bar & Grill – This neighborhood bar and restaurant is open May 1 and closed on Greek Easter, May 2.
- Zeus Restaurant – Another casual neighborhood restaurant, open Greek Easter weekend offering traditional gyros, burgers and more.