Fourth of July Recipe Spotlight: Greek Watermelon & Feta Salad
Summer’s biggest holiday is here, and we’re excited to share a favorite Greek recipe that will surely be the highlight dish at your holiday barbeque or party. Whether you’re cooking for ten or two, this recipe is the perfect refreshing and satisfying salad to compliment a hot summer night. This recipe is courtesy of Tori Avey.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint – Serves 8
- 8 lb. whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (sheep’s milk feta preferred)
- Note: This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before your meal.
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks. Place chunks in a colander to drain as your chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat. Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad. Serve.
Recipe and image link: Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint