Greek Easter Brunch Recipe: Tsoureki French Toast
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try out at home, Tsoureki French Toast is a delicious dish to work on perfecting before Easter! Treat your family to a special Easter brunch with a unique Greek twist on french toast that includes beloved Easter bread. The sweet holiday bread will lend a delicious layer of flavor and fluffy texture that will make the meal memorable for all who are enjoying it. We hope you have a chance to make the recipe below, courtesy of Dimitra’s Dishes.
Tsoureki French Toast, (Dimitra’s Dishes) – serves 3-4
- 6 slices tsoureki bread, 1 inch thickness
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Optional toppings: Greek honey, maple syrup, powdered sugar and fresh fruit
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a 10-inch pie plate dish. Whisk well to break up the eggs and combine.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Whisk well.
- Dip three slices of tsoureki into the custard. Pierce the slices with a fork so that the custard soaks in well.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the skillet and place the soaked tsoureki slices in the pan.
- Cook about two minutes on each side until golden.
- Repeat the same steps with the remaining three pieces of tsoureki.
- Serve with fresh fruit and topped with maple syrup or Greek honey. Enjoy!
Recipe and image link: Tsoureki French Toast on Dimitra’s Dishes