Greektown Summer Bucket List
Whether you’re looking for a new dining destination or to learn more about Greek traditions, Greektown Chicago is ideal for whatever you’re in the mood for this summer. Below are a few fun and family-friendly activities to try throughout the season!
- Neighborhood brunch crawl – Start at Ground Up – Specialty Coffee & Bites for a cup of coffee to start the day. Then head to Greektown’s Meli Café or Athena for traditional brunch bites. If you still have room for dessert, swing by Artopolis to pick up a Greek pastry!
- Learn more about Greek Culture – If you’re interested in learning more about Greek heritage, stop by the neighborhood’s National Hellenic Museum. The destination is kid-friendly and provides wonderful exhibits on the rich Greek culture. From there, have lunch or dinner at any of Greektown’s authentic Greek restaurants to experience a taste of Greece.
- Focus on Wellness – If in need of some relaxation and pampering, stop by Greektown spots like Massage Envy, Greektown Nails or Trixie Girl Blow Dry Bar to escape the summer madness and have a day to yourself.
- Book a summer staycation – Sometimes a staycation is the best way to spend a summer weekend. Book a room at the Crowne Plaza West Loop and spend a night experiencing everything Greektown has to offer. With close proximity to the United Center, the hotel is perfect if catching a concert. Try one of the neighborhood’s Mediterranean restaurants like Greek Islands, Santorini or Roditys before heading out for night.
- Experience the local artwork – Check out the “Re-Imagining Pharos -The Greektown Lighthouse Display” lighthouse art installation, created by artists and students from the local community. The 15 beautiful lighthouses are installed on Halsted and add a pop of color to the neighborhood.