Labor Day Weekend: Tourist in Your Own City
This Labor Day weekend, visit Greektown Chicago to experience a new side of Chicago located right in your backyard! It’s a place where old world traditions remain prevalent in the many neighborhood establishments. It doesn’t require you to get on a plane to experience the energetic Greek culture, food and lifestyle.
Grab your friends or family this Labor Day weekend and explore the many outdoor dining options listed below.
- 9 Muses: 9 Muses uses the finest ingredients to create delicious, authentic and natural Greek dishes paired with expertly crafted cocktails and imported family-owned wines. Enjoy the neighborly outdoor seating and devour Greek favorites including the gyro pita, Mediteranean chicken, skordato, skewers, Greek fries and more!
- Artopolis: Place your order at the counter and enjoy limited seating at the front of the restaurant. Favorite items include artopitas, a light and flaky pastry filled with feta cheese or spinach, or order an artisan gourmet wood-fired pizza, made from old world recipes using the finest cheeses and olive oil.
- Athena: Continuously voted as one of Chicago’s best outdoor dining experiences, Athena is thrilled to welcome guests back to their beautiful patio this summer. Decorated with a fountain and columns inspired by ancient Greek architecture, diners will feel as though they’ve been transported to Athens.
- Greek Islands: Visit this traditionally decorated space and enjoy fresh and authentic Greek cuisine with friends and loved ones. Favorite menu items include flaming saganaki, homemade gyros, chicken shishkabob, spanakotiropita and much more! Santorini: Sit back and relax on Santorini’s lovely patio and enjoy a selection of traditional dishes, appetizers, salads, kabobs, chicken, steak, seafood and more.
- Spectrum Bar & Grill: Now open with limited open-air dining, enjoy Greek favorites, starters, salads, toasted sub sandwiches, paninis, burgers, homemade thin crust pizzas and much more. Cheers to summer with a fresh cocktail, cold beer or selection of Greek wines.
While roaming the streets, it’ll be hard to miss the 22 Fun & Fanciful fish sculptures located outside Greektown’s shops and restaurants. Read more about each fish here, and reference the map here in advance of your visit. Stop inside Athenian Candle, a fourth-generation Greek family-owned business, who are celebrating 100 years of business, and immediately be transported to Greece. It’s more than just a candle shop and a must-visit while in the neighborhood! End your day with a refreshing ice cold Greektown frappe and a delicious hand pie at Ground Up Cafe or maybe a cigar from Greektown Cigars, if that’s your cup of tea!
Wishing you all a happy, healthy and safe weekend. Ya mas!