Recipe spotlight: Ambrosia
Recreate the food of the Greek gods with this sweet treat.
According to the ancient Greek myths, ambrosia was the food of the gods, offering longevity or even immortality to anyone who consumed it.
While we can’t promise this month’s recipe will offer everlasting life, this fruit-forward ambrosia with Greek yogurt is a sweet and healthy treat you can enjoy with the whole family.
- 1 can pineapple, drained
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-2 cups of green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup nonfat plain or vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or pistachios, toasted
Directions: In a serving bowl, combine pineapple, oranges, grapes, marshmallows and coconut. Stir in Greek yogurt. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or until served. Just before serving, stir in pecans or pistachios.
Photo Credit: afewshortcuts.com