Recipe Spotlight – Tzatziki
Tzatziki is an authentic multi-use Greek yogurt sauce, typically served with meat, as a dip or salad dressing. It’s incredibly tasty and also happens to be a healthy snack alternative. Although traditional tzatziki requires a lot of time and dedication to make, our 10-minute recipe below will take you through a quick preparation process. Read below to learn how to make tzatziki to serve at your next dinner party!
- Recipe and photo from Wholefully.com.
- ½ large cucumber, peeled and diced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 cup plain, full fat or 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon (about 1 tablespoon juice and ½ teaspoon zest)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving
Insider Tip: for a plant-based version, use plain almond, coconut or soy yogurt instead of Greek yogurt and add the juice and zest from an additional ½ lemon!