The Greektown Agora Marketplace
As part of the celebrations on May 22, the Greektown Agora (Greek for “marketplace”), presented by Greektown SSA #16 and running from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Elysian Field at the corner of Halsted and Van Buren Streets, will feature Greek vendors selling Greek gifts including Greek art, jewelry, crafts and gifts. Greek merchant vendors will include the following:
- Konstantina’s art pieces offer colors and memories created in a place called heaven on earth – Greece. etsy.com/shop/KonstantinaArt
- com combines Greek heritage with Architectural model-making (pfmodels.com) to create custom Greek gifts. Panos will be selling his Greek road signs, aprons, his Greek church book and Greek flag cap.
- com offers Greek gifts, greeting cards, jewelry, religious items, scarves, dolls, and home décor by Evelyn Livaditis & Margo Livaditis-Bejanis. GreekChicago.etsy.com.
- Meraki brings contemporary and traditional products from Greece. Pieces include gouria, jewelry, icons, and decor for the home. MerakiEventsChicago.com
- Meet the The Milchiean Hoplites (Greek Warriors) — learn about Greek history, language and achievements from them!